Awnings – Awnings ordered online will be despatched inclusive of delivery charge to addresses within the mainland U.K.
If the awning ordered is in stock, and we receive the order before 2pm, we guarantee to deliver it the next working day after it is ordered.
We require that details of the caravan make, model and year are provided when an awning is ordered. If these details are not provided we will not guarantee the correct fit. If they are provided, we will check that the correct awning size has been ordered and advise further if we recommend a different size.
Accessories – Accessories ordered online will be despatched inclusive of delivery charge to addresses within the mainland U.K. They will usually be delivered within 7 days, but may take as long as 14 days to arrive, subject to availability. In the unlikely event of an item being unobtainable, we will recommend an alternative if one is available.
Description of goods We endeavour to describe goods as accurately as possible. It is not possible, however, to represent colours perfectly on screen, and some variation may occur.
Payment We require full payment by acceptable credit or debit card before goods can be despatched.
CARAVAN AND MOTORHOME SALES
STANDARD CONDITIONS OF TRADING OF DAVAN CARAVANS LTD
1.1. “Buyer” means the person who buys or agrees to buy the Goods from the Seller;
1.2. “Conditions” means the terms and conditions of sale set out in this document and any special terms and conditions agreed in writing by the
1.3. “Delivery Date” means the date specified by the Seller when the goods are to be collected from the Seller’s premises;
1.4. “Goods” means the articles which the Buyer agrees to buy from the Seller;
1.5. “Price” means the price for the Goods excluding carriage, packing, and insurance;
1.6. “Seller” means Davan Caravans Ltd.
2.1. All Prices quoted are inclusive of value added tax where applicable at current rate ruling. Value added tax will be charged at rate ruling in force
on balance payment.
2.2. Quoted Prices are based on costs current at the date of quotation. If before delivery any increase occurs in these costs the Seller will inform
the Buyer, who will have the right to agree the increase or cancel the order. If the order includes more than one separate item, the right for the
buyer to cancel only applies to the item or items which have increased in price. On cancellation, the Seller will return to the Buyer in full any
deposit paid in relation to the relevant item or items.
2.3. The Buyer shall before taking delivery of the Goods from the Seller’s premises pay or cause payment of the balance of the Price to be made
for them as follows:
2.3.1. subject to the provision that payment of the balance will not be required before the delivery date specified on the order form unless an
earlier delivery date is agreed, where the Goods are to be ordered from the Manufacturers within fourteen days of notification that the
Goods are ready for delivery;
2.3.2. in all other cases within fourteen days of the date of this Agreement
2.3.3. bank drafts / building society / personal and business cheques payable to Davan Caravans Ltd will be accepted only with 10 working
days clearance, otherwise the Goods cannot be released
2.3.4. total cash taken on purchase limited to £9000 by regulation
2.3.5. credit cards carry a surcharge of 1.5% payable over and above final balance
2.3.6. debit cards are preferred on day of collection
3. Any Delivery Date named by the Seller is an estimate only and although the Seller shall use his best endeavors to deliver at the said date, the Seller
shall not be liable for the consequences of any delay.
4. If the Buyer shall fail to take delivery of the goods or to perform any of his obligations under this Agreement or shall fail to do so within the time
provided in this Agreement, the Seller shall be at liberty to treat the Agreement as repudiated and thereupon:
4.1. The deposit shall be forfeited. Unless specifically detailed in writing on the order, the Purchaser’s liability will not exceed the full value of the
4.2. The Seller shall be entitled to dispose of the goods as he may think fit and shall not be under any liability to account to the Buyer for the price
5. In the event of the Manufacturer of the caravan or motorhome subject to this Agreement ceasing to make a model of that type, the Seller shall be at
liberty to return the deposit in full to the Buyer and to cancel this Agreement without further liability on his part.
6. Where the Seller agrees to allow part of the purchase price to be satisfied by the Buyer delivering a part exchange, the part exchange shall be
delivered to and accepted by the Seller subject to the following condition:
6.1. that the part exchange shall be delivered to the Seller in the same condition as when examined and approved by the Seller (subject only to fair
wear and tear); and;
6.2. that either: (i) the part exchange is the absolute property of the Buyer and free from any Hire Purchase Agreement or other legal encumbrance
whatsoever, or (ii) the part exchange is subject of a Hire Purchase or Credit Sale agreement capable of assignment by the Buyer and of cash
settlement by the Seller, and in such case the amount of the recommended purchase price allowed by the Seller in respect thereof shall be
reduced by the amount paid in settlement by the Seller.
7. In the event of a used caravan or vehicle being taken in part exchange for the goods the Seller may forthwith proceed to dispose of such used
caravan or vehicle taken in part exchange. The agreed allowance in respect of such used caravan or vehicle shall not necessarily be the cash price
and in the event of the used caravan or vehicle being sold prior to the delivery date of the Goods and in the event either that the Goods are not
delivered or for some reason as stated in this contract the order be cancelled either by the Seller or the Buyer the sum to be paid by the Seller to the
Buyer in respect of the used caravan or vehicle taken in part exchange and so sold as aforesaid shall not be more than the price at which the used
caravan or vehicle was sold less all reasonable expenses incurred (including any renovation and painting) and a deduction of 15 per cent on the sale
price for sales services.
8. The Seller reserves the right to postpone deliveries to or cancel unfulfilled contracts in whole or in part with a Buyer:
8.1. if any moneys owed to the Seller by the Buyer have been outstanding for what, in the absolute opinion of the Seller, is an unreasonable length
8.2. or if, by reason of act of God, force majeure, war, fire, flood, strike, lockout or, other industrial action, government control, unavoidable
accident or any other circumstances whatsoever outside the control of the Seller, whether or not listed among with the foregoing, the Seller is
prevented in whole or part from performing its obligations, in which case any deposit paid by the Buyer will be returned in full.
8.3. Such postponement or cancellation shall be without prejudice to the right of the Seller to recover payment for Goods supplied in part
performance of any contract and will not give rise to any claim by a Buyer for any loss, damage or expense whatsoever resulting from or
arising directly or indirectly out of such postponement or cancellation.
9. Any notice to be given under this Agreement shall be deemed to have been served if sent by recorded delivery post to the Buyer’s last known
address in the Seller’s possession and deemed to have been received if recorded as having been delivered.
10. The Seller reserves the right to assign or transfer any contract subject hereto or any part of it to any other person.
11. Where the Seller supplies a Road Fund License or Vehicle Registration Fees it does so as an agent of the Buyer.
12. These terms and conditions do not affect and cannot exclude any of the Buyer’s rights as a consumer. For more information on these statutory rights
contact a local authority Trading Standards office, or Citizen’s Advice Bureau.
AWNING SALES TERMS
We highly suggest you erect your Awning/Tent before use for the following reasons –
- To check that the canvas, frame and any accessories included in your awning/tent are present and undamaged.
- All new awnings/tents are covered by a manufacturer’s guarantee for 12 months unless otherwise stated from the date of purchase. These guarantees are for manufacturing faults only and do not cover damage by: – Storms, accidental damage, normal wear & tear or misuse. In light of this we strongly suggest you take out a separate insurance cover policy.
- In order too ensure your awning/tent is prepared for use we suggest you leave it up and allow it too get wet and dry, this is called weathering and it allows the areas where the canvas has been stitched too shrink around the seams too help prevent leakage.
Aftersales and Warranty Information –
- If you have any manufacturing faults when you check your awning/tent please contact either Davan Caravans Awning Department or the awning/tent manufacturer with the fault.
- As stated above anything other than a manufacturing fault is not covered under warranty and we suggest that you take out an insurance policy on your awning/tent.
- Any warranty work that cannot be completed at Davan will lead to the awning/tent being sent back too the supplier for specialist repairs. These repairs can take up to 3 – 6 weeks depending on the supplier.
- Lightweight Awnings and Tents that use fibreglass poles can be repaired at Davan Caravans provided the necessary replacement parts are in stock.
- If a customer would like to order a spare part for their awning/tent Davan Caravans would need to know the make, model and year of the awning/tent in order too provide the customer with the correct part for their awning/tent. A full payment for the part is required before ordering.
- Davan Caravans can only order awnings, tents and spare parts from manufacturers that it currently deals.
- Before any aftersales or warranty work can be started a member of Davan Awning Department staff will need too see an Invoice with proof of purchase.
Here are a few helpful tips for your Awning or Tent –
- We strongly suggest that when using your awning/tent if there are high winds, a storm or any other excessive strong weather conditions that you take it down immediately too prevent any damage too the item as any weather based damage is not covered under warranty.
- Lightweight awnings are designed for weekend use and not for that of a touring or sited acrylic/polyester full awning, Davan Caravans and all lightweight awning manufacturers strongly suggest you use these awnings within the specifications they were designed for. If they are used in any other manner this is classed as misuse and may not be covered under warranty.
- If you have purchased a polyester awning/tent from us make sure you keep it well ventilated or there is a possibility it could condensate, if there are any ventilation or mesh panels on the awning/tent make sure they are open as often as possible.
- If an awning is classed as being a sited awning this does not mean that the frame is able to withstand all weather conditions, it means that it is easier too maintain than other awnings on a site.
Tips for pitching your Awning or Tent –
- Ideally site your awning or tent at least 6m away from the nearest awning or tent.
- Try too find the flattest area too pitch as possible but avoid marshy, low lying ground that could flood during conditions of heavy rain.
- Make sure that you use any extra features built into the awning or tent that could assist with tensioning and pitching. E.g. Regulator tabs.